Harness silicon nitride technology for your next project
Take advantage of ultra low-loss TriPleX™ waveguide technology in an easy-access, affordable way with a Multi Project Wafer (MPW) for silicon nitride integrated photonic circuits (PICs).
In an MPW run, we fabricate designs from several users on the same wafer of substrate. This approach controls costs and simplifies the design process, using standardized production steps and materials. The result is affordable access to leading PIC technology for low volume applications like academic research, R+D and prototyping.
Asymmetric double stripe cross-section of the TriPleX™ waveguide in Si3N4 with SiO2 cladding.
- Low loss performance: <0.5 dB/cm @ 1.55µm with proprietary TriPleX™ silicon nitride waveguides
- Excellent fiber coupling to waveguides with unique asymmetric double stripe cross-section
- Easy and effective device layout with standardized building blocks
Who uses our MPW runs?
Our silicon nitride MPW is a great fit when you:
- Are exploring integrated photonics’ possibilities
- Just need a few chips for your design
- Are investigating what technology fits your application
- Are looking for the lowest entry costs
Our MPWs at a glance
|Wavelength||Typical applications||MPW run number||Design deadline (tape out)||Devices ready|
|22||31 March 2021||31 Aug 2021|
|23||31 July 2021||17 Dec 2021|
|24||15 November 2021||15 April 2022|
|25||31 March 2022||31 August 2021|
|850nm||Biosensing, OCT, Spectrometry, Metrology||3||Sept 2021||Feb 2022|
|Visible (400-700nm)||Life sciences||10||June 2021||Nov 2021|
- Process Design Kit (PDK) available in different tools: Synopsis and Nazca
- Access training on design tools, design support and design kit
- Characterization and Packaging Service (CPS): a cost-effective solution to optimize the use of your new PIC leveraging our expertise in fiber coupling and electronics design.
- Further fabrication steps: trench etching for heat localization and fluidics, glass bonding and fluidic connections.